Tuesday, September 14, 2004

When I was A Kid......

My cousin and I would have sleepovers at my grandparents' house in the summer. It was like a little piece of heaven beacause we got to do what ever we wanted, plus eat out of the treat cupboard that was full of jars of cookies, chocolate and yummy stuff. ( Come to think of it, none of that stuff was in it's original containers) One day, we decided to go flower picking and met this lady; she must have been about 80. "You can call me Auntie Ruth." She said. She let us pick apples from her tree and even lent us a ladder. Her house was this little tiny cottage set in the back of her lot, straight out of a story book. I think it was yellow. When were were done she told us to come back and visit any time we wanted, and we went home merrily, skipping away (well maybe not the skipping part, but it sounds good).